Saturday, September 7, 2013

Call Me Eliza.

Hello! My last name is Woolley.

I’m taking six classes this semester. (Note to self: prepare to die.) Maybe. There's still time to drop the half-credit one.

Let’s cut out the slight cultural references and cut to the chase.

Education: I’m an English major who started at BYU in 2008. (This is my seventh semester. I took 2 years off for my mission in…Scotland and Ireland!) As soon as I make a graduation plan, I’ll be able to officially declare that I’m minoring in Digital Humanities and Editing. After that? Career plan, shmareer plan; que sera sera.

Family & Background: I grew up in Ramona, California – a town in San Diego County, up in the hills a bit. It’s a bit more rural than, say, Oceanside. I have one older sister, who is married and lives in Provo; a younger sister who is also a BYU student; and a younger brother and a younger sister living at home still with my parents. My mom works with them. My dad is a marriage and family therapist and university professor.

Interests:
  • Reading has been my main hobby for like ever. I mostly read fantasy. (Potter forever!)
  • I have a hard time picking any favorites, but swings are my favorite playground equipment. Usually.
  • I love listening to music; recent discoveries include Sara Bareilles’ The Blessed Unrest and the Original Broadway Cast Recording of Camelot, with Julie Andrews. I also play the piano a bit.
  • I picked up three hobbies over the summer. I am currently dabbling in tech trash (with this book), DoTERRA’s AromaTouch Technique (I have a massage table! Talk to me if you’re interested in receiving one) and in a calculus workbook. (What’s the use in having taken calculus unless you remember how to use it?)
  • Here's my Tumblr: disneybird.tumblr.com.

I look forward to this blogging experience with y’all! See you/read you later!

1 comment:

  1. I loved the open book fountain from Hungary that you posted on your Tumblr account!

    ReplyDelete