Thursday, September 5, 2013

6 Tangentially Important Fun Facts

By way of introduction, I've compiled a list of 6 things you didn't know that you cared to know about me, Kayla Swan.

1. I seem to be one of the few people who liked Russell Crowe in Les Mis. I disliked the song "Stars" in the play until he sang it, actually. I also love to change the lyrics to make parodies to everything in Les Mis. Did you know that Lehi, too, dreamed a dream?
2. I have never traveled outside of the continental United States. I once got a passport in the hopes that I would use it to make a spontaneous run for the border (even the Canadian border), but, alas, I have since gotten married and so need a new passport. To stay unstamped. But watch this hilarious SNL video 3 times when you are already in a laughing mood late at night... and you will understand my sense of humor.
3. Speaking of marriage: this is the picture you get of me. From my engagement pictures, yes, because I don't take a lot of pictures of myself.
4. And when I do take pictures of myself, they are usually while I am backpacking, sans makeup (and sans shower).
5. I'm expecting a baby boy in January, assuming he stays put until then. I also love the phrase "I'm expecting." As in, we hope it's a human. We're expecting a human.
6. I'm an editor, though sometimes not the most careful editor of my own work. This poster still makes me laugh though--no actual grammar knowledge needed. Oh, adorable baby seals. You keep on clubbing.


4 comments:

  1. I love the pictures that you used! One of my social media pleasures (if it counts as such) is pintrest and I've definitely pinned the velociraptor and the baby seal picture so I can go back and giggle at them any time I want. I feel like meme's are an important part of internet culture today. Not only are they incredibly hilarious, but they also really capture the attitude of different people. Sometimes I wish real life had a meme button just so I could explain things with a clear picture rather than just trying to get everything across while waving my arms and changing my face.

    And speaking of velociraptors, congratulations! I hope you have a fantastic semester!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations about expecting! It will be exciting to see what turns up haha. I am also on Team Flask. Your list is a great introduction. Even though you haven't been out of the country, it looks like you've been hiking in some interesting places. What are the coolest places you've been to in the US?

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Mary-- the picture in this post is from Coyote Gulch in Escalante, Utah, which has to be one of my favorite places. I also really enjoyed Philmont, New Mexico, though. I'm hoping for our next adventure to be Havasupai (check it out, http://www.havasupaifalls.net/hiking.html). But that'll be a little while, after baby.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A very clear, simple, and interesting way of introducing yourself. Great to have you in the course!

    ReplyDelete