Sunday, September 8, 2013

About Myself


My name is Amber and here is my get to know you post!

Education: I'm a senior this year at BYU (graduating in April) studying English with a creative writing emphasis. I took Dr. Burton's ENGL 372 class last winter and thoroughly enjoyed it (take a look at our class' blog and videos) so I'm especially looking forward to working with this class in combining literature with the digital age.

Family: I am the oldest of three. I'm 1/4 Sicilian, with a bit of Russian, Scottish, Polish, and German descent mixed in there. My parents were both Marines so I moved around a lot the first eight years of my life, including outside of the country. I am the first in my family to attend BYU. I have a red betta fish named Boswell and a mini red haired dachshund at home named Eppie (after an Italian food dish, not epipens).

Random: I love television shows and movies. I couldn't name my favorites if I tried. In my spare time I like collecting glass bottles or jars and filling them with with random things like buttons or marbles. I enjoy writing a lot. I can only read a book one time through, even if it's my favorite book. Catcher in the Rye is brilliant. Children's books are probably my favorite things to read.

1 comment:

  1. Glad to have you in another class, Amber, and thanks for linking to content from our earlier class.

    ReplyDelete