Sunday, December 1, 2013

Outlets for My Final Project

I'm pretty set on doing an ebook for my final project (a guide to citizen journalism) that would of course be freely available for anyone to download (think like Writing about Literature in the Digital Age). But it doesn't hurt to consider what other options I could have (or what might help out my classmates).

As Aleesha pointed out earlier, this call for papers from Social Media and the Transformation of Public Space could encompass a lot of people's topics in our class, including mine. They have a whole section about news and journalism in the digital world.

I also found another call for proposals relevant to Shelly's topic in the Journal of Youth Development. "Suggested topics include digital literacy, the effects of youth engagement with new technologies, influences of intensity and duration of media exposure on youth development, and the role of advertising on youth development." Sounds pretty perfect, right? I thought one of the options was interesting--you can submit an e-poster to present from a distance. The deadline is December 31, so there's still time.

No comments:

Post a Comment